Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creative Illustration

Camellie is an illustrator, based in the UK. Her work reminds me of how much I love illustration, and how artistic and creative it can be.

Yoink! | hand drawn with ink pens & digitally coloured.
by camellie

Her process includes hand drawing everything first, with ink and pen, then adding colour digitally. Alot of illustration requires the raw skill in being able to illustrate (by hand).

"All I want For Christmas Is..." | hand drawn with ink pens & digitally coloured.
by camellie

I love the curves, line work, shape, and colour she uses in her artwork. The busyness is also an element that makes for a more interesting illustration peice. You have to look closley to see everything and the more you look, the more you discover. Beautiful.

sunshine | Rotring Isograph pens on canvas | 40x50 cm
by camellie

The line detail work on black and white reminds me a little bit like the Natcoll campaign for 2007 — 2008? I love that style, perhaps that's what dragged me into Natcoll.

animaniancs | ink pens & digitally coloured

Oh look! Natcoll Colours! (sort of)! Anyway, her work is amazing so check out her website!

Camellie

http://www.camellie.com/
date accessed: 28 Jul 2009

No comments: